I’m on my way to #ISTE2015, making this the 8th year I have attended this conference. All my presentations are on Tuesday, so I look forward to connecting with teachers and other colleagues Saturday – Monday. With around 15,000 people in attendance, this conference can be busy and overwhelming, so I’ve decided to set a few goals.
This year I want to:
1. Spend at least as much time with teachers as I do with vendors. New products are cool, but awesome teachers are cooler.
2. Learn more about #flipclass than I share about #flipclass. As a loud and leading voice in all things flipped, I can get a little nearsighted. I want to see what others are doing with the concept and how it continues to evolve across the education landscape.
3. Meet and tweet 20 interesting people. Selfies coming. Be forewarned.
4. Find fellow Pittsburghers. Since the conference is in PA, this won’t be too hard, but it’s good to know who your local colleagues are.
5. Reject all swag. I don’t need more free stuff. You probably don’t either. Who’s with me?
I’ll let you know how I do. What are your goals for #ISTE2015 ?